Tuesday, April 7, 2009

European Wrap-up, back to the US


Bier Gedranken in Innsbruck. Kilian, me, and Nalle enjoying another night at the office.

The last stops on the Pure Tour were great. We had big audiences and good responses from the crowds. Nalle has returned to Finland and will soon be making his way to Japan for the first world cup of the season. We were able to get in some good climbing in Zillertal and also in Arco in Italy. I am bouldering in good form and came very close to a flash ascent of a V12 in Zillertal, but sport climbing is quite humbling. At least the pizza was good. Nalle had a great day in Zillertal, flashing a 8a+ / 8b and sending Sundance Sit, a hard 8a+ but I gave him 13 points because three crucial holds were wet and he had to add in a few crux moves to bypass the wet spots.


Reini Fichtinger at Magic Places in Zillertal.

I am back in Golden now, wading through emails and planning my next few months of work. The European Pure Tour rolls on, with Cody planning to host shows of the film at about a dozen more places over the next weeks. I'm bummed I cant be there for every last one of them but I will also have some shows here in the USA, including one here in Golden that will benefit the Elizabethfontaine Primary School in Rocklands, South Africa. If you would like more info on how to get involved with the primary school project please let me know. Our goal is to raise $5000 for the school this year.

1 comment:

Justin said...

I just got my copy of Pure in the mail yesterday, nice work and please keep them coming.