There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First weekend out with the Red One



Just got back from my first weekend out with the Red One. In addition to shooting a little climbing I went and filmed a few of my favorite subjects: Wind Turbines. On the way back to Laramie I stopped by the road and got a little footage of some rusty cars. Mostly, this weekend was just a test of the new camera. It has quite a lot of complex options for controlling the images and it will take me a few weeks to really get up to speed with it. I know this much though: I love working with the new format. The quality is something I've never had access to before and it's a really awesome feeling to be working with Hollywood-caliber footage.

I've compressed a short clip and put it on my web site, here: RED DEMO - WYOMING As you watch, keep in mind that the resolution on my web site is 1/16th the native size of the footage.

Below the video there are a few Individual frames you can download at the original full quality if you are curious to see how it looks without any compression. Needless to say, I'm psyched.

4 comments:

kj said...

Sick! Looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see what it can do in South Africa!

Heikki said...

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

That looks _so_ good.

Michael Clark said...

Chuck - that is awesome. Good call getting such an incredible camera....

shams said...

Hi! I've just discovered your "PURE" video last week during a trip in Zillertal.
Congratulations, it's very very good.

And I think I will enjoy the next stuff with this RED one. Can we do any more "pure" cam...? :)

I could not see you during Melloblocco. Maybe next time...

Shams from France!