Sunday, September 21, 2008

Big Trees


I'm nearing the end of my visit to California to film with Kevin. I'll post up some pictures from the trip later, but I thought I'd share this right away... I got to visit the amazing redwood trees today. These are maybe not quite as big as the Sequoia trees of northern California, but they are really impressive plants. Some of the trees we saw today are over 300 feet tall. If you were on top of one of these trees, it would take you four rappells with a 50-meter rope to get down. (for all you math whiz-kids, you need to double the rope in order to make one rappel.)These are really amazing trees and I highly recommend checking them out if you're in the neighborhood. Kevin is a great climber and some of the footage is amazing. I'll post some up soon.

No comments: